- Stock: In Stock
The Badwater is a bass tone magnification device sonically highlighting what makes bass so crucial to music. The all-in-one bass pre-amp and DI features optical compression, overdrive, and a four-band EQ section. Enhance your bass rig’s capabilities and dial in everything from warm cleans, gritty chords, punchy drive, or bright and crisp slap sounds.
The Badwater gets its name from the Badwater Basin in Death Valley, California, the lowest point in the U.S. below sea level. Like the basin it’s named after, the Badwater holds the foundation for the lowest frequencies and saltiest licks in song creation.
Gig Ready Bass Rig
The all-in-one bass pre-amp and DI features optical compression, overdrive, and a four-band EQ section. Enhance your bass rig’s capabilities and dial in everything from warm cleans, gritty chords, punchy drive, or bright and crisp slap sounds.
The Badwater features an internal optical compressor. It’s first in the signal path and is always on, though its strength is adjustable. Use the Sustain knob to add compression for long sustained notes and chords while smoothing out your transients. At a minimum, you will have a minimal effect, but as you increase the knob, you will hear more extended notes and squashed transients.
Give your sound some teeth by adding a subtle breakup or a tastefully driven distortion. Use the Voice toggle to select one of three options for how much low and high-frequency content is allowed into the drive section, then use the Blend knob to blend between your fully clean and fully distorted signal. Blend your clean and driven signal to taste for increased note clarity as the clean and dirty channels run parallel. The drive control also features a separate Level knob to boost or cut the drive signal.
Shaping and EQ.
Cover just about any musical genre needs with the extensive EQ options from the Badwater. Dial-in your base tone with boost/cut low, mid, and high frequencies, then zero in on your perfect tone by sweeping between 500 Hz to 2.4 kHz with the Low Mid Frequency knob (LMF) or 3.5 kHz to 7.5 kHz on the High Mid Frequency knobs (HMF).
Badwater features both 1/4 inch and XLR out options, so you’re always ready with a usable bass rig. Use the XLR to connect directly to the front-of-house or use the 1/4 inch out to run to an amp. Both outputs can be run simultaneously for direct and live amp stage monitoring. The Badwater Does not accept power from phantom power. Phantom power will be blocked out and will not damage the Badwater, but it is best to avoid turning on phantom power when the unit is connected.
- Versatile and powerful tone sculpting tool for bassists of all styles.
- Optical comppression for smooth, added sustain.
- Blendable drive control with three different voicing options.
- Boost/Cut EQ section. +/- 12dB on low and high controls and +/- 10dB on Mid, LMF, and HMF controls.
- Sweep 500 Hz to 2.4 kHz through the Low Mid & LMF controls and 3.5 kHz to 7.5 kHz on High Mid & HMF controls.
- Ground lift to isolate the GND pin on XLR to help reduce hum if present.
- 1/4 inch instrument signal & XLR line-level output options.
- Outputs run simultaneously for direct and on-stage connections.
- The Badwater comes coated in a matte black enclosure with dark green and light blue ink with art inspired by the Badwater Basin in Death Valley National Park. Illustrated by Josh Yosurack
- The die-cast enclosure’s exact size is 3.62” x 4.79” x 2.25” including knobs.
- Power requirements are 9VDC, center negative (300mA minimum).
- The use of an isolated power supply is recommended for powering all Walrus Audio Pedals.
- Daisy chain power supplies are not recommended.
- Power supply not included.
WATCH THE DEMO HERE